 |
Staunton, Virginia
Stauton is an independent province, located in Augusta County, in Virginia. From 2023-2026 I lived here. I met many different people and familiarized myself with different cultures. One of these being rock music. As per my culture I'm more familiar with jazz, rap, blues, gospel and the like, more than I am with rock music, but I found myself amongst the culture while staying there.
|
Bricks was a hub for such festivities. It allowed local bands and even stand-up comedians to take the stage. This is where I ate some amazing Mango Habanero wings, drank some filling beer and performed my very first standup. It was amazing how the right location can turn a regular outing into someting fun.
A trio of mine would scrap together quarters so we could play pool and darts. This is also where I met my first "pool shark" and where I lost more money than I care to share. I learned that gambling and betting is not my forte.
 |
Poseidon at Virginia Beach
I'm a bit of a history buff so imagine my surprise that I came across a statue of Poseidon. The Greek god greets all eager beach goers as they step onto the boardwalk. He comes up not long after a couple of guilty pleasures of mine: Duck's Donuts and Sweet Spots.
Duck's Donuts can treat you to an egg, cheese and meat; sandwiched between two crisp and warm donuts with cheese. A true delicacy if I ever had one.
Sweet Spots has a strawberry and creame cup that while refreshing and ambrosic: Isn't all that filling.
My friends and I took the evening to explore the beach. Naturally, I went into the water, and being a log of a person --was flailed around like a plastic bag by the waves.
Later, we played soccer, as a quartet versus another foursome. I don't remember the result of the game, but I remember a friend of mine falling to the ground and kicking the ball in the air. A classic pose that reminded us both of an anime character we knew: VEGETA!!!
After, for some reason, I decided to race my friend who was more than 3 inches taller than me. It was in that moment I realized how much physics really does affect performance. The sand was steeper than I expected so my sprinting was heavily impeded. Beyond that my friend was a former track-and-field athelete. He easily outpaced me and I earned myself a fair share of shame in that moment.
Afterwards we left the beach, around nightfall, and got some food from Burger King.
|
Comments
Post a Comment