Skip to main content

aja

 

Chapter 1

i messed up. i looked back.

i wante dto go deeper into the forest, but i heard a growl. 

i had committed to going deeper, but when i got there. All I had was a broken candle, leaning in the stand, lit by my bic. I left the lighter at the car. if i moveed too fast the flame would go out. i had instuctions, written on a flash card, i held it before the flame to stope the wind. still the fire could go out easily.

it was crazy. i could feel everything. the forest felt alive!!!

"The Beast." my mind said. 

I stopped right there and left my offering near a tree. A wall of darkness peekin at me from behind the wood. A wooden basket filled with pears drizzled with honey sprinkled with Spanish saffron and silver coins.

Again.

I looked back. 

Did I not trust? It's just that growl. 

I listened to a Hymn to Nut before I entered too. While I showered.

Ironically. I had watched "Sandman" yesterday. On a Sunday. The main character is Morpheus (i.e. Dream). I've been called Morpheus by myself and others. I dream a lot throughout my life. In the last episode Dream visited his mother -- Night.

I combined: 

  • a hymn to Night

  • a ritual prayer

  • a fragile candle

  • a dark forest

  • Black Angels and Steely Dan

  • your lifelong connection to dreams

  • the symbolic weight of Morpheus

  • adrenaline

  • fear

  • imagination

  • Chapter 2:

  • I sat in the car and watche d the green candle burn. I twas lopsided and the light hovered over the basket.

  • I said this prayer before entering: Elegua, Alaroye, Asu Comani Guani, Kosi Iku, Kosi Aro, Kosi oso. I am JaKeris Porter: Ago Monte, Elegua. Ago Monte. Ogun. Ago Monte, Osanyin.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Grand Earth Trine, Pt. 2

    Happy Virgo Season! Have you been productive? I know I have and if you aren't it's probably because you're not aware of what's going on. If that's true, check back to my most recent article: Grand Earth Trine Pt. 1 Just a quick recap of what's going on in the stars. * *Credits to Planet Watcher: http://planetwatcher.com/ Direct and Retrograde Now that you know what aspects are; I can delve into two very import aspects in astrology. The retrograde and direct. Of these two the retrograde gets the worst rap. On and on I've heard astrologers damn and condemn a retrograde.  I don't really understand all the fuss. All a retrograde is—meaning all it amounts to—is the motion of a planet based off perception. Whose perception you may ask? Well, the people of Earth, of course.  For us a planet in retrograde is a planet appearing to move backwards. It's not really doing this nor is it reversing in anyway physically.  Joanna...

    Sagittarius September 2018 - Out With the Old

    What Mercury Retrograde Taught Me

    Mercury goes direct on today. I can't help it, you can't help it so we might as well prepare for the goodness to come. Before we move onto greener pastures, however, I'd like to take this time to look at what retrograde Mercury has taught me. It's lessons went beyond the July to August timespan wherein Mercury slid into Leo; in fact, this retrograde season had me looking one year into the past to help in deciphering my future. This is what I look like. By most accounts I appear: happy, stable and even a little handsome. This picture was taken on August 20, 2017. That's only one day away. When I look at this picture I feel a sense of remorse, a regret for something I feel I've lost, a light dimmed. You see when this photo was taken I was preparing to start my own business. On top of that: I was shooting a movie, writing music, learning about social media marketing, exercising and everything in between that (eating, sleeping, and even socializing). If yo...